Journal of An Info Marketing Pirate

If you're looking to find hot niche markets and what these markets are looking for as far as information products then this is the place for you. if your in the info marketing business and are looking for tips, techniques, and strategies for creating info products, finding info product ideas, and just plain old rantings of a crazy man, then this is also the place for you. Enjoy you scurvy dogs!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I'm just a guy trying to find my way in the world with the wind at my back and the sun in my face. I enjoy my business and enjoy life in general. I love my family and going to Disneyworld on a yearly basis.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

In the warrior forum someone asked " Can you make money with a 10.00 report using Googel adwords?"

And here was my response...

"I sold a 10.00 ebook on Disney travel secrets with adwords campaigns but I didn't use your typical adwords that you see in the google search. I setup my campaign to be viewed on certain websites ( and I know there is a name for this but I can't remember it at this moment) which really gives you highly targeted traffic. The campaign gave me a break even outcome which really isn't a bad thing. My only problem was that I didn't have a backend product to sell which could have made this a profitable venture. Have a backend lined up and I'm sure it will work"

Here's a little more info on that...

-I used as Adwords basically as a test to see if there was life and there seemed to be.
- I targeted websites versus the traditional google way. This to me is a big plus. You don't have to haggle with keywords just pick the sites you want to target and pay the cost. This could be a little more costly then the traditional way but the traffic is more targeted if picking the right site.
- I also split test ads as well
- I'm a huge Disney fan so I really wrote this ebook for fun and not to be a huge money maker. Also, because the market is saturated with Disney travel guides my price had to be in line with others which unfortunatley drove the price down around the 10.00 mark. Had I charged 14.97 or higher this would have been a money maker without a backend. A backend would have only sweeten the deal.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home