Journal of An Info Marketing Pirate

If you're looking to find hot niche markets and what these markets are looking for as far as information products then this is the place for you. if your in the info marketing business and are looking for tips, techniques, and strategies for creating info products, finding info product ideas, and just plain old rantings of a crazy man, then this is also the place for you. Enjoy you scurvy dogs!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I'm just a guy trying to find my way in the world with the wind at my back and the sun in my face. I enjoy my business and enjoy life in general. I love my family and going to Disneyworld on a yearly basis.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

WOW!!!! Have I been away for awhile. I'm really going to start keeping up with this blog thing. I really wasn't a big fan of blogging but I better start keeping up with these other blog fanatics. So to kick it off...

What have I been reading...

I came across a book on Amazon called " How you can make a fortune selling information by mail: a step by step guide to publishing and mail order profits by Russ Von Hoelscher.

Here are my thoughts. The book is actually two books in one . The one by Russ and another by T.J Rohleder. The book was printed in 2007 but Russ's book was created in the 80's. I kind of knew this going in that it was an older book. Don't think you are going to get some kind of internet wisdom in this one because you won't. He talks about typewriters for heaven sakes.

But I have to tell you I'm a big fan of the old methods and that's why I was attracted to this book to begin with.

Was I impressed... Well, of course a lot of the techniques can be done cheaper and faster today but the knowledge is solid. I've read plenty of mail order guides throughout the 90's so to me there really wasn't nothing ground breaking here.

Would I buy it again knowing what I know now. NAH!!! but if you have a few bucks and want to pick up a book for off line mail order this wouldn't be a bad pick. I'll add this to my already dust collected mail order books and be one more book the wiser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home